Public hot spring, library, museums and fat dogs (露天温泉,图书馆,博物馆,偏胖的狗狗) in Beitou, that's Heaven to me. We visited all the must-visit places within a day before 5pm. The public transportation in Taiwan is convenient and access to almost all the places in Taipei, especially to the places for foreign travellers.

Untitled

I love Taiwan! It was my first time to Taiwan. I flew from Hong Kong and reached Taipei about 11 at night. The night was chilling and lively. Well, I was so close to be knocked down by one or two of Vespa during the first night when crossing the road, with my two medium luggage and a backpack. I looked to the right instead of to the left. Luckily I'm not dead. Life is good and I'm not ready to go yet.

北投有多好玩?

Untitled
#OOTD

Untitled
Welcome to Beitou!

Untitled
You'll find art pieces around in Taipei city. 

Beitou, Taiwan
Souvenir stamps

I've been to Hong Kong and Melbourne few times (on a side note, I'm boring to some people for visiting the same cities repeatedly within 2-3 years) but souvenir stamp is something new to me! I didn't collect any during the 1st day, can't resist anymore on the 2nd day! Got myself a notebook and started to collect all the souvenir stamps! You can find souvenir stamps at all famous spots, such as train stations, museums, visitor centres and more.

Untitled
The first building I saw. I love Chinese characters.

Dogs!!!!! Dogs are everywhere in Taiwan! I miss my dogs so much when I was in Taipei. The weather was so cool and windy, how I wish can walk my dogs here.

Untitled
"Human, you may pet me now"

Untitled
"Who are you? Oh dog lady. Welcome to my country human"

The Ketagalan Culture Center

Untitled

Untitled

Highly recommended! Beitou was the ancestral homeland of Ketagalan people. The Ketagalan Culture Center introduces the various Pingpu indigenous tribes of Taiwan, including the now extinct northern Taiwan Ketagalan tribes. Visitors aren't allowed to take photos inside, but hey, go and take a look! Here, you can learn the history of the Ketagalan cultures via the exhibits and audio/video introduction. Don't forget to collect souvenir stamps from here too!

Taipei Public Library Beitou Branch

Just a 5-6 walking distance from the Ketagalan Culture Center, this magnificent building not to be missed too! Free entrance, remember to collect the souvenir stamps at the lobby area.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This library is awesomely beautiful!

Untitled
I want to take my wedding photograph here too!

Untitled
One of the sides. 

Untitled
Inside.

Untitled
Yours truly and the sister.

Walk another 5 minutes to the Hot Spring Museum. Behold, I've found a palm-sized yellow Hibiscus.

Untitled

Beitou Hot Spring Museum

This building is built during the Japanese colonial era. It was once the main public bathhouse during the era. As far as what I understand, it was rebuilt in 1998 by the local government when a group of primary students supervised by their teacher discovered this building when they were running a history project. Until today, this building is still under recovery stages.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Shoe fits perfectly.

Untitled
The public bathhouse.

Untitled

Untitled
The angels.

They are my travel buddies in Taiwan, my sister's best friends from the same university. I was generally clueless where to go in Taiwan. I followed them and thanks to them, my taiwan trip worth every cent I've spent.

Untitled
Chilling out before heading to the next place.

Walking uphill. Walking distance about 5-10 minutes, we reached

Untitled

...the public bathhouse! We brought along swimsuits and swimming cap intended to enjoy hot spring. Looking at the crowded entrance we decided to pass it this time. Thinking to soak myself in the same pool with so many strangers make me shiver, lol. To keep the surrounding clean and for hygiene purposes, everyone must wear swimming suits and swimming cap, also not allowed to bring food and boil eggs inside the hot spring area.

Untitled

Untitled
About RM4 per person.

We are now heading to the most famous place (also my most anticipated place to visit) in Beitou.

Untitled

Before reaching the place, I found a hot spring river stream! It was just located at the road side when walking uphill. There isn't a signboard indicated whereabout of this river stream but no worries, there was a wooden staircase leading to the river stream. I went down immediately to test the water and was excited to find out that the water is warm!

Untitled
Heavenly awesome.

Thermal Valley, Beitou

I recommend to reach this place before 4.30pm. You need about 10-15 minutes for some photos and also enjoy the scenery.

Untitled

Untitled
Wooden postcards as souvenir.

Untitled
Minimum 90 degree of boiling spring. 

Untitled

Untitled
Free sulphur, anyone?

Untitled
The happy three-legged dog

I'm touched looking at this three-legged dog. I can tell that he is happy despite being a handicapped dog. He was enjoying the cold weather and having fun with other dogs in the park. The animal welfare is undeniably better than in Malaysia, besides that, the morality. Sorry to tell but some Malaysian are barbarians. You won't wanna know how many arguments I had with animal haters.

Anyway, as what recommended by the local, the most famous food is "hot spring ramen". We went to the wrong shop, the wrong shop has closed early, hence we took our lunch in a hot spring hotel instead. The exact shop that recommended by the local was just located at the first building (the 6th photo in this post) I saw when I stepped out from the Beitou train station. I won't miss it again next time, a promise to myself.




P8311979 All the photos are taken using an Olympus EPL-1. Passionate in lomography and traveling. Appreciate your supports and thank you for reading this post, kindly leave footprints at my facebook page. Roslyn Kong at Instagr.am. Let me hear from you on Twitter too at @roslynkong!!