To be honest, my innitial plan was to visit the Ghibli (Totoro) Museum and sorted out the route from my hotel to the museum but I bought the wrong ticket on Klook.com hahahaha. I have been telling my boyfriend that I wanted to visit Ghibli museum so bad and I couldn't tell him that I bought the wrong museum hahahaha ~ this mistakes is a big no, makes me look super stupid hahahaha.

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum is commonly known as Doraemon Museum, located in Kawasaki. The entry ticket must be purchased in advance as only limited visitors for few sessions throughout the day. You can purchase the tickets from LAWSON but to be on the safe side, try Klook.com, you may pick up tickets at their official airport counter, I picked up mine from Narita Airport. 

Anyways, despite all my early preparation, we almost can't make it for the slot I've booked because I took the wrong train from Shinjuku Station. #gg I was supposed to debark at Noborito Station but my train skipped this station instead. I was 3-4 stations away and need to take a return train, which took me longer travel time. #gg So guys, always check with the train operator and make sure you take the right train.

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
The bus to museum

The bus operates every 10-15 minutes. We were supposed to have a window of an hour before our slot if we didn't take the wrong express train. By the time my train arrived the station, we have 4 minutes to reach the bus stop before the bus embark. Lucky us that we managed to beat the time by running! The bus operator ensured me that I will definitely make it for time.

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
The bus stop is a walking distance of 6 minutes from the train platform

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
The street view heading to Doraemon Museum

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
See 'em rolling in Tokyo - Kawasaki

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
Bus stops at the entrance of museum.

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
Us waiting in line to go in

The lady in photo will gather all visitors and show us the rules and regulations before we enter the exhibition hall. She was about to start and we took a quick photo to mark this lucky day, like we finally make it!

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
Collect this device at the counter before entering the hall.

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
Do not skip this, you'll need it when you're in the exhibition hall.

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
The beautiful and zen view from corridor connecting between two halls

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
This wood chucker is out of function so I don't know how it should be.

In this museum, it features exhibition halls showing the first few of hand drawn comics, showing you how Mr Fujio started to draw, what kind of characters he created and more. If you watched Doraemon you know it's about future science and compassion for nature and earth. I enjoy every of the exhibited items and short films. No photo taking is allowed so you gotta come here to view it yourself.

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
The manga reading room

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
The playing room

We spent about 2.5 hours in the exhibition hall, next the cafe! My most favourite activity of the day is having character meal!

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
Cozy, moderately quiet and warm

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
The boyfriend can't make decision just yet but I'm hangry

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
Start my lunch with Suneo's Matcha Cheese Cake, 1000yen

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
Doraemon's Hamburg Steak and Corosuke's Rice Plate, 1600yen

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
Doraemon Hot Cafe Latte, 570yen

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
Yours truly with all these happy food

After a scrumptious lunch, time for the snowy garden! Exit the cafe from their side door and the first you'll see is the souvenir store.

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
the famous Dorayaki

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum

Next, the souvenir main store.

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum


Fujiko F. Fujio Museum


Fujiko F. Fujio Museum

There's a theater in this hall but I decided to skip it as it's in Japanese language. I had a short stroll in the hall before we exit the museum through the souvenir main store.

The best highlight of exhibition, this copper statue.

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
"Arigatou gozaimasu, Otosan"

Fujiko F. Fujio Museum
Made me teary seeing this

I feel like a time traveller when I'm in the museum, reminds me of time where I would switch on the TV for Doraemon. Mr Fujio, the creator of Doraemon movies plays a big role as my inspiration in future science, animal welfare and earth. Is it worth the time travelling to visit this museum? Definitely a Yes. If you grew up in the generation same like mine, this is one of the memorable things from our childhood time.