The Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo Asia 2013 kicked-off last May at the Shanghai International Circuit. I've been checking out this since last year, I have a boyfriend who loves super cars so much and in order for me to keep up with his interest, yes, I can practically name some of the super cars easily.

Just a brief introduction, this year, Lamborghini added a new race car, Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo. Basically, it is still based on the last year's Gallardo LP 570-4 street version but with added elements, such as new wheel arches, new spoiler and etc. Technically, these improved the aerodynamic efficiency compared to the previous year's model.  Don't expect any changes under the hood, it still remains the same V-10 engine with horsepower of 570.

Last Saturday, we're invited to attend Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo Asia 2013 at the Sepang International Circuit. The event starts at 12.30pm, boyfriend was having classes until 11.30am, after a quick breakfast and speeding, we finally reached SIC at 1.00pm.

Untitled
Walk eagerly.

Lucky us we were given a parking pass as well. Just a short distance from the parking to the paddock so we were not too late.

Untitled

I've been to the paddock few times so we found our way to media access centre easily. I deserve a pat on my head for leading the correct way, the weather is freaking hot and I can't open my eyes!

Untitled
Behind the paddock.

Untitled

Untitled
Guess who I accidentally bumped into!

I hope this girl is bringing home a Lamborghini very soon!

Buffet is served. Shouldn't go without buying breakfast.  I had my breakfast anyways but I still can't resist the cold drinks! The sun was so freaking hot until a rock can melt immediately under the sun!

No way if we're going to spend our Saturday afternoon in the air-conditioned paddock. Time to hit the pit-lane!

Untitled

This year's Super Trofeo Asia 2013 brings in an ensemble of drivers from Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and etc.

Untitled
Hong Kong team

Other than Lamborghini Gallardo, you will also find Lotus Elise, BMW, classic cars and etc! They are competing in their own category thou.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Mean machines are all prep for racing!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Gold is love!

Untitled
Found my favorite bull!

Meanwhile,

Untitled

Untitled
The boyfriend is checking out bull's ass.

Out for the final race!

Untitled

Just before the race starts, the track is open to us for car-viewing.

Untitled

Untitled
This is definitely from Hong Kong.

Untitled
Taiwanese yo!

Untitled
Malaysia team!

Untitled

The race has started after awhile. All are asked to go back to the paddock. Boyfriend and I decided to stay at the pit-lane for the closed-up of roaring sounds and mean machines!

Endurance is the essential for this race. Each team entering individually or in teams of two, amateur and pro-amateur. To win this race, it's based on how many laps they completed within an hour for each driver.

Untitled
Second driver ready for race.

Untitled
Team Japan switching drivers.

Untitled
Team Taiwan go go go!

Untitled
Team Jakarta

Untitled
And the first driver is a lady!

Untitled
Another team from Jakarta

Did not stay until the winner announcement. I stayed up till the race finished thou. As I mentioned the winning is based on the lap count thus I do not know who won this round.

Undeniably it's an awesome experience! Talked to some Lamborghini representatives, in order to join this race, one must be a sponsor to a team. Obviously we're not talking a cheering team or football team! By saying sponsorship, it costs a lot of money. So, this is not only big-boy-toys but a rich-kid-toys. Well I'm good with my mini car.



P8311979 All the photos are taken using an Olympus EPL-1. Passionate in lomography and traveling. Appreciate your supports and thank you for reading this post, kindly leave footprints at my facebook page. Roslyn Kong at Instagr.am. Let me hear from you on Twitter too at @roslynkong!!