It's a new experience to me!

Last year, I got a call personally from a Mini expert from Auto Bavaria. It was rather a funny conversation between us. He invited me to a "fun activity" and I thought it was a launch party and finger food are served. I RSVP-ed and, as a courtesy, I informed him that I'll bring a plus one.

He needs a permission, he said. A permission? What? (Just because you served finger food and head count is necessary?) Anyway, after awhile, he confirmed with me that I can bring a plus one.

On the day itself, I woke up late. As a courtesy (again), I called and informed that I'll be late for the launch party. He didn't mention anything but assured with me that they will wait for me. I was wondering, perhaps they need head counts before the party starts.

I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. Damn wrong.

It was a Mini convoy (KL-Genting Sempah-Genting Highland-KL). I had no Mini back then, so I got to drive their demo cars. I chose Mini Cooper S while the boyfriend chose Countryman S. The best part was, we get to drive it without a salesperson in the car. They were driving other Minis, one was leading us the way and another one was behind us. All we got in the car is walkie-talkie. Breakfast are provided, toll fee are paid, we had a fun drive in Mini!

Guess you already know, I own a Mini Cooper S now. Talk about service, they are really good in this.

But, this time is different.

Mini Take 5 Challenge
Mini Take 5 Challenge

This time, I got invited by Ingress Auto, Bangsar and I can bring 5 friends to join!

Mini Take 5 Challenge
Welcome to Mini Take 5 Challenge, Padang Merbok.

I have limited seats in my car, only can bring 4 passengers including the driver. The boyfriend and younger sister are the only two I brought!


Mini Take 5 Challenge


Mini Take 5 Challenge

All visitors are welcome. Three of us are given a blue tag which only given to those who are invited for slalom drive. It reminds me of hospital ward tag thou.

It shocked me when I looked at the entrance. You may choose to enter the venue by using the staircase or, sit on a bean bag and slide down!

Mini Take 5 Challenge
Bean bag rules!

Mini Take 5 Challenge
The photo booth.

Untitled
A good hangout place for MINIacs!

Untitled
Desserts!

Mini Take 5 Challenge
Chilling before the slalom drive starts.

A short brief by the driving instructor before slalom drive. Safety precaution to be noted and we are asked not to overtake the Mini in front of us to prevent anyone of us involve into a car accident.

Untitled
The Mini Experts from Ingress Auto and Mini Malaysia.

I chose to be in the same car with my younger sister while the boyfriend drove another Countryman S.

Mini Take 5 Challenge
Our Mini ride, No 7!

Untitled
Let her be the first driver.

Ready, go!

Untitled

Untitled

Mini Take 5 Challenge

My sister recorded when I was having fun with the slalom drive.


All the Minis are CBU, but the upcoming Mini Countryman is CKD. CBU is still available but upon special order. The price for CKD is not confirmed yet but it's definitely cheaper than what they are currently offering.

A brief information on Mini Countryman.

Under the hood, it has the same engine as Mini Cooper S. MCS is a turbocharged 1.6-litre engine small car with 184hp. The sprint time (0-100kmh) of MCS is 7.2s. For some odd reasons, although I was verbally taught on how to achieve the sprint time but I never get it. Apart from that, unlike the older version of Mini Cooper S, I never experience turbo lag in the current model of Mini Cooper S and dare to say the turbo response is better than BMW 3 series and Mazda RX8.

Countryman S is a four-wheel drive Mini. It's bulky, but no matter how hard you turn in, or how much speed you carry into a corner, or, an emergency brake; this car is steady like hell! I did an aggressive cornering but it just refused to tilt! My younger sister was having fun sitting next to me!

Mini Take 5 Challenge
Mini Countryman John Cooper Works

Just so that you know, John Cooper Works is the highest specs of all Mini models. They have Countryman JCW, Cooper JCW and etc. Heard that Paceman JCW is coming thou.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Leather with red-lining interior.

Mini Cooper JCW and Coupe JCW has about 211hp! The price is about RM300,000 for such a small car. I've tried all the Mini models and Mini Cooper S has the best handling so far, it's just so much fun to drive! Ignore the legroom, I enjoy driving my Mini time and time again, especially when I drill the throttle and step on the pedal, listening to the turbo sound and experience the speed. I always do these when there's a large enough gap ahead in highway! Mini is steady, trust me.

Mini Take 5 Challenge
Anyone interested?



P8311979 All the photos are taken using an Olympus EPL-1. Passionate in lomography and traveling. Appreciate your supports and thank you for reading this post, kindly leave footprints at my facebook page. Roslyn Kong at Instagr.am. Let me hear from you on Twitter too at @roslynkong!!