One of the best places to get delicious pastas and gourmet pizzas! They do serve beers, coffee, wine, alcohol mix, and soft drinks.

Wood 'n Chimney - 332 Clarendon Street, South Melbourne
Operation Hour: 11am to 11pm.

Wood 'n Chimney

I love the public transport system in Melbourne CBD. It makes almost every place I wanted to go easy to reach. Before heading to the restaurant, just to make sure I do not go the wrong way, I asked our hotel receptionist about the location. To my surprise, he told me that it's a good place to dine in; he was surprised that we could find out about the restaurant, well, internet rocks!

Hopped on and just to make sure we do not get off at the wrong stop, I asked the tram operator again. Guess what? He said I've made a great choice to go there, it's a famous dine in place for Melbournian, he and his family like to dine in there.

Wood 'n Chimney

Untitled

Back from the fruitful trip from Melbourne Zoo, we were hungry and felt like we could eat a cow. So we decided to order a main course for each of us.

Wood 'n Chimney
Traditional meatballs

Wood 'n Chimney

Let me take a #groupfie.

Wood 'n Chimney

I'm such a lucky asshole girl. I got to decide which main courses to order, I get the call! *confetti*

Wood 'n Chimney
Gamberoni Aglio e Olio

Tiger prawns, chorizo, cherry tomato, fresh chilli, wild roquette, olive oil. $19.50

Wood 'n Chimney
Pollo Alla Saltimbocca

Chicken, sage, caramelised onion, prosciutto, baby spinach, cherry tomato, goat cheese. $17.90

Wood 'n Chimney
Marinara

Tiger prawns, local mussels, scallops, calamari, fish, napoli sauce. $19.50

Wood 'n Chimney
Duck Gourmet Pizza

Mozzarella, chinese five spice marinated duck, capsicum, pine nuts, hoi sin sauce, spring onion. $22.00

It's dessert time! Chocolate Mousse is love. Mad love. The boyfriend loves Sticky Date Pudding, it was tooooooo sweet to me, nah not my cup of tea.

Untitled
Chocolate Mousse

Wood 'n Chimney
Sticky Date Pudding

Burrps.

Rated 10 out of 10. Perfecto! We were so full, we should have just ordered two main course instead. I love every one of the pastas, including the desserts. The portions are just ridiculous big for asian like us, at the end we pushed all the leftover to the boyfriend. Poor man forced to finish it all, #eatlikeamalaysian.

They do have another outlet in Melbourne CBD, but it always fully booked. Alternatively, check out Wood n' Chimney website, you can place order online (minimum order is $25) and get your meal delivered to your door! So next time if I travel to Melbourne again, I might try out the online booking too. Anyway, I think I still prefer to dine-in thou.



P8311979 All the photos are taken using an Olympus EPL-1. Passionate in lomography and traveling. Appreciate your supports and thank you for reading this post, kindly leave footprints at my facebook page. Roslyn Kong at Instagr.am. Let me hear from you on Twitter too at @roslynkong!!