Happy Bunny Year people!

Tell me if I am wrong. I felt that this year the Chinese New Year holiday is too short and most of us barely to have a gathering with all the people we love and care, don't you feel the same way too?

Chinese New Year is my most favorite season festival. Mandarin is my most favorite language, not forgetting to mention that my mother tongue is Mandarin, come before English and Cantonese. Well, I don't really care how do I speak in English and Cantonese and most of the time it does sounds awkward, but who cares.

Every year the Chinese will modified the greeting into awesome greetings that related to the zodiac of year. This year is the 'Bunny Year', one of my favorite greetings is :

兔飞猛进

which means rapid progress in all aspects of life.

Chinese New Year is all about family reunion. We surely have it every year, this year is not an exception obviously. On 除夕夜, my family and I went to the nearest restaurant for a reunion dinner. I had my first 捞鱼生 of the year with my family. 大家一起拿筷子高高挾起魚生翻攪配料, 经由捞魚生這個动作來象徵越越旺, 同時嘴巴要說吉祥話, 個「風生水起」意味著发大財之意。

P2026087
生鱼片

P2026088
捞鱼生

P2026092
一家大小來。准备。。。

P2026098
個風生水起、龙马精神、财运亨通。

P2026084
The brother and I.


大年初一大家一起来拜年。I stayed at home and waiting for my friends to visit my family. We had few gambling session and I won few bucks before I lost one buck at night. I don't gamble at all but frankly speaking, gambling is one of the best activities during Chinese New Year. We can laugh die when someone lost money to one another and most of the time we chit-chat and we laugh again. This year, I don't have much gambling kaki as I don't invite most of my friends, as I mentioned before, my grandfather departed last year and according to the Chinese tradition, you don't get to celebrate good things within 100 days or 3 years.

P2036120
恭喜发财,祝您心想事成!

P2036137
Joker Kong and Penguin Chan.

大年初二 : Woke up early in the morning and had breakfast with the family before heading to the temple. My Zodiac is Tiger and according to the fengshui, it is recommended to have a sunbath between 12 and 3. So, I listened to it and had done that in the temple. "I am showered with sunshine". At night, we went for another reunion dinner.

P2046210
Got an insightful reading from here.

P2046211
捞鱼生

P2046212
贵妃鲍鱼片

P2046217
七彩鱼生

P2046219
祝福来年事业发达,捞到风生水起步步高升

大年初三 : Went to Melacca with Drummer Bee. I've been going there every third day of Chinese New Year to visit Calvin's relatives and I can tell that this tradition will be kept for a very long time because all of them keep themselves free on the special day so that we can have a family gathering. We had a reunion dinner in Kings and I Thai Restaurant. The bill is killing! Let's take a look what we had for the dinner.

P2056251
My new car *wink*

P2056228
The mixed fruits yusheng with sliced salmon.

P2056231
Cold dishes.

P2056233
Thai style prawns.

P2056236
Fish with Thai special sauce.

And also few of the dishes that I don't get to snap. It was a whole new experience to have a Chinese New Year reunion dinner in an authentic Thai restaurant and I was truly enjoyed it, despite the bill. I think it was because I underestimated the restaurant. They have a 5 Stars chef in house. I was shocked seriously. So before we headed to the grandma's house, we took a group photo. A small one.

P2056240
江家,温家,曾家,邱家

 初四 : I don't get to sleep the day before. I was awake until I came back from the airport at 6 in the morning after sending my father there. Took a short nap and at 10.30 in the morning, I headed up to Fraser Hill with my family and mates. We took an alternative route up to the hill, we avoided all the tolls and traffic jam. Thanks to the almighty GPS.

P2066267
Outfit of the day to keep me warm.

P2066296

P2066317
Time for dinner.

P2066307
My Cookbook @ Sunway Giza

P2066320
Appetizer @ RM9.90.

P2066327
Chicken soup.

P2066322
Fried Kuey Tiow

P2066319
Barley Pandan Rice with Rendang Chicken

P2066330
Prawn Mee

P2066325
Chicken Rice

P2066326
Curry Mee

P2066334
Fried Rice with Fish Fillet

P2066331
Fried Chicken

P2066333
Dessert : Coconut Ice Cream.

Frankly speaking, I never been in Sunway Giza. One of my mates suggested to have our dinner there. We were been indecisive until we walked into My Cookbook. They don't really offer a special menu but I have my two thumbs up for the ambiance and art of dishes.

Today is the fifth day of Chinese New Year and most of my mates had gone back to their office. Apparently I still enjoy my holidays in my hometown. I think it's one of the benefits running an online music store as I don't have to work according to normal office hour. The cons is I worked really hard before Chinese New Year and make sure all my clients receive their goods so that I can enjoy a longer season holiday.

So alright. It's time for supper now and I shall end here. Before that,

P2036115


在此小女祝福大家 : 虎岁扬威,旺兔报喜。祝您新的一年:“兔”飞猛进事业旺,大展宏“兔”前程秀;积“兔”为山家业兴,发奋“兔”强上高楼,新年玉(遇)兔呈祥,动如脱兔健康,事业如兔耳蒸蒸直上!