Suitengumae Station - Located next to Tokyo City Air Terminal, T-CAT.

Suitengumae is not listed as one of the recommended places to stay. Many had suggested to book hotels located in Roppongi, Shibuya, Ginza and more, but Suitengumae. I first found out about Suitengumae when I was searching for transports connecting between the city and Haneda Airport. From there, I found out about Villa Fontaine Hakozaki, the hotel we stayed. 

P1016814

Suitengumae Station is just a block away from our hotel, cross the street, the station just next to 7-11. Suitengumae Station undeniably has convenient access to all places, it took about 25 minutes away from Tokyo Station. I would suggest you to consider Suitengumae if you're going to Tokyo. Just FYI, Tokyo train system is technically operated by 3 different companies, every station has its station number and lines, count on your common sense to understand the routes.

P1016815
Checking out the train station.

It was our second day in Tokyo. Have you heard about Hachiko Statue?

Hachikō (ハチ公, November 10, 1923 – March 8, 1935), known in Japanese as chūken Hachikō (忠犬ハチ公 "faithful dog Hachikō" ['hachi' meaning 'eight', a number referring to the dog's birth order in the litter, and 'kō', meaning prince or duke]), was an Akita dog born on a farm near the city of Ōdate, Akita Prefecture, remembered for his remarkable loyalty to his owner, even many years after his owner's death. - wikipedia.com

It was a long way from the platform to the 8th Exit. There are few turns but it's unlikely to get lost as they have paw-prints on the floor directing you to the Hachiko Exit.

P1016816
Hachiko Exit.

Got distracted by a department store that easily accessed from the underground train station.

P1016818
Mouth-watery salads.

Bought a 150grams seafood salads. Mouth-watery salads, to be exact.

A Taiko (太鼓) performance on-going outside the train station!

P1016823

P1016828

The Japanese are so supportive, they applauded whenever the emcee finished a sentence, they applauded when the performance ended, they applauded when the performers bow down. Not sorry for being such an idiot mentioning about these, I went to a violin-classical show before (my boyfriend was the guest performer as a drummer), the audience didn't show any appreciation after performances by a group of violinists. My boyfriend only played few songs and the crowd gave response by giving a big applause, it's presumably because the drum beats are catchy, despite all that, they are still awkwardly rude for not giving face to the violinists.

P1016830
Hachiko Statue

P1016833
The train.

After waiting for its owner's return for several years, Hachiko was found lying motionlessly on the street of Shibuya on March, 8. Hachiko was suffered from cancer and worm infection (Reminder: Dog owners please take your dogs for de-worm treatment). The staff of train station and Hachiko's caretaker mourned for its death, what an honor to a dog, I feel extremely pleased with it. Its body was mounted and displayed at National Science Museum of Tokyo, Ueno. Oh my god, I was actually crying typing these down. Every 8th April, dog lovers will gather around Hachiko Statue to honor his loyalty towards its owner.

*wipe off tears* Well, pictures below are to show you how busy and occupied Shibuya is.

P1016836

P1016838

P1016858

P1016861

P1016859

P1016841
Donald Duck fan spotted!

P1016863
the colorful Tanabata

P1016865
One of my favorite streets in Shibuya.

There are plenty of boutiques in Shibuya 109. I did not managed to buy more as I don't know what not to buy! I eventually decided not to buy anything, but an animal-print shorts and a sleeveless hoodie.

Another story behind my shopping spree. The boyfriend disagreed on most of the items I intended to buy. I frantically moved my limbs in anger when he pulled me out from shops. Think about it, I was lucky to have somebody stop me because of Tokyo Disneyland, will blog about it after this. 

DJ KITTY, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

P1016845
I want to bear hug her!

P1016853
"Oh!"

P1016856
"HI THERE"

P1016857
"SAY WHAT? DJ KITTY IS IN THE HOUSE!"

At night, another view of this famous shopping district.

P1016897
Naruto on the billboard!

P1016913
Food, food and food!

P1016914
Tanabata

P1016916

P1016905
Kawaii ne!

P1016906
Bathrobes?

I've spent 3 days in Shibuya. Spent a fortune a thousand in Topshop, H&M and Forever 21. Everything was so tempting and I can't stop myself from visiting the same shop repeatedly!

If it wasn't because of my boyfriend, I think I will skip my dinner. After the first udon we had in Akihabara, we tried Soba. Surprisingly, it taste heavenly smooth and refreshing! Highly recommended for hot weather.

P1016840
Mine. Tempura rice and soba.

P1016919
Yes, we are happy with our dinner.

We had our dinners (except Disneyland Days) all in the same noodle shop located opposite of a Pachinko store. Our dinner was 800 grams of Soba and two bowls of tempura rice. On top of that, side dishes we bought from department stores and roadside stalls. This shop provides refillable ice-cold water too!

P1016908
Yours truly in front of the Tanabata.


Previous post on Tokyo, click this and this



P8311979 All the photos are taken using an Olympus EPL-1. Passionate in lomography and traveling. Appreciate your supports and thank you for reading this post, kindly leave footprints at my facebook page. Roslyn Kong at Instagr.am. Let me hear from you on Twitter too at @roslynkong!!